Monday, September 12, 2011

Concept 9 Question 1.

My "new" story will have Harry Potter as the leading character. The conflict will be the struggle for taking the Na'vi people safely to their new land. And the setting will be in the Titanic boat. I had to choose from three high-scoring a main character, conflict, and setting. This was my best mix of the elements from the three movies. I chose to have Harry Potter as my main character because it was either him or Jake Sully to be the story's hero. With Harry Potter chosen, that left me with two conflicts. Survive a sinking boat or help the Na'vi race retrieve their home from intruders. I thought something adventurous would better fit Harry Potter more so I went with Avatar's conflict. Finally, the remaining setting is the Titanic boat, which I liked best of all three movies. It's kind of cool seeing Harry Potter protect the Na'vi people from hazards along the way such as big rocks and the military unit sent to drive the Na'vi people away from their destination. I don't think I've ever seen an epic movie that contains both guns and magic at the same time. This idea should appeal to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment